Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society

Breadcrumb Navigation


Affiliated Researchers

An Affiliated Researcher (AR) is a scholar who receives a service contract from the RCC to write at least one grant that—if successful—would be hosted by the RCC.

This grant proposal can be submitted to—among others—the German Research Foundation (DfG), the Volkswagen Foundation, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Humboldt Foundation, or the European Commission/Europen Research Council (ERC Starter/Consolidator/Advanced Grant, Individual Fellowships - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, etc).

Frequently Asked Questions:

  1. How can I become an Affiliated Researcher?
  2. What are the responsibilities of a AR?
  3. When can an AR come to Munich? How long can they stay?
  4. What is the difference between an AR and a Carson fellow?
  5. What kind of support does the RCC provide an AR with visas, housing, insurance, children, etc.?
  6. Who is my contact person for administrative and academic matters?
  7. How do I get paid? What is the payment schedule?

For more information on life at the RCC, please see the following FAQS, which also apply to the Carson fellows:

  1. Where is the center located, and what kind of services can I expect?
  2. Will I have access to IT facilities such as a computer, printer, scanner, etc.?
  3. Why have I been asked for a digital photo and short CV?
  4. Does the center have a library for researchers?
  5. What library resources, including electronic resources, will be available at the RCC?