The RCC is pleased to host visiting scholars, whether senior scholars, postdocs, or doctoral students. We offer:
- Access to our diverse community of scholars in the field of Environment and Society
- The possibility to attend our events, including the weekly Lunchtime Colloquium, Works-in-Progress meetings, and Tuesday Discussion (during the university semester), as well as workshops and conferences that take place at the Rachel Carson Center.
- in-house access to one of the most extensive library collections in Europe on Environment and Society
- invitation / visa letters (if required)
- access to hot-desking space in our library
If you are interested in joining us as a visiting scholar or visiting doctoral student, please note the following guidelines:
- For an official affiliation (including support with visas, etc.) we require a minimum stay of three months.
- Visitors staying for one to three months are considered ''RCC Guests.'' RCC Guests are added to the internal listservs and are welcome at all events. They also have access to our library and associated hot-desking space. We cannot provide letters of invitation or an official affiliation for these short-term visits.
- We can only accommodate arrivals at the beginning of each month. Please note that you will need to plan to be at the RCC on the first work day of the month for a brief tour, etc.
Due to space limitations, we ask our visiting scholars and visiting doctoral students to apply at least three months in advance by one of the following dates: 8 January, 1 April, 1 July, or 1 October. Decisions are made on a quarterly basis shortly after the deadlines.
To apply, please fill out this application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visiting Scholar Application (105 KByte)