Katie Ritson is a scholar of comparative literature with a particular interest in Northern Europe. She is co-principal investigator (together with Graham Huggan at the University of Leeds) in the project "Corridor Talk: Conservation Humanities and the Future of Europe's National Parks" (DFG-AHRC 2020–2023). Katie studied German, Comparative Literature, and Nordic Philology at the University of Cambridge and Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich, completing her doctorate in Munich in 2016 whilst working as senior editor at the Rachel Carson Center. She currently serves on the executive boards of the European Association for the Study of Literature, Culture, and the Environment (EASLCE) and the International Consortium of Environmental History Organisations (ICEHO) and is a coodinator of the Ecocritical Network for Scandinavian Studies (ENSCAN).
- "The View from the Sea: The Power of a Blue Comparative Literature." Humanities 9: 68 (2020).
- (Co-edited with Astrid Bracke) "Waters Rising" Special Issue. Green Letters: Studies in Ecocriticism 24 no. 1 (2020)
- "Silt." Environmental Humanities 11 no. 2 (2019). 461-4.
- The Shifting Sands of the North Sea Lowlands: Literary and Historical Imaginaries. London: Routledge, 2018.
- "Nordic Nature on the Edge of the North Sea: Kjersti Vik’s Mandø." In Reinhard Hennig, Anna-Karin Jonasson, and Peter Degerman (eds.): Nordic Narratives of Nature and the Environment: Ecocritical Approaches to Northern European Literatures and Cultures. Lanham, MD.: Lexington, 2018. 63-77.
- "Engineering the Anthropocene: Technology, Ambition, and Enlightenment in Theodor Storm's Der Schimmelreiter." In Sabine Wilke and Japhet Johnstone (eds.): Readings in the Anthropocene: The Environmental Humanities, German Studies, and Beyond. New York: Bloomsbury, 2017. 222-42.
- Mauch, Christof. The Growth of Trees: A Historical Perspective on Sustainability. Munich: Oekom (2014): http://www.carsoncenter.uni-muenchen.de/download/press/rcc-news/140805_mauch.pdf
- Hohler, Franz. "The Retaking of Zurich." In Mad Hatter's Review: Cut.ting Edge; Austrian, German, and Swiss Writing no. 14 (2013): http://madhattersreview.com/issue14/fiction2_hohler.shtml
- Sloterdijk, Peter. "Society of Centaurs." In Transfers: Interdisciplinary Journal of Mobility Studies no. 1 (2011): 14-23.