Christof Mauch is Director (jointly with Helmuth Trischler) of the Rachel Carson Center as well as the Chair in American Culture and Transatlantic Relations (currently on leave) at LMU Munich. He is also an affiliated professor in the History Faculty of LMU Munich and is an Honorary Professor at Renmin University in China.
CV and book publications (PDF, 533KB)
LMU Resources Featuring Christof Mauch
- American Environments: Climate, Cultures, Catastrophe. Heidelberg: Universitätsverlag Winter, 2012 (ed. with Sylvia Mayer).
- "The Future of Environmental History: Needs and Opportunities." RCC Perspectives 2011, no. 3 (ed. with Kimberly Coulter).
- "Uncertain Environments: Natural Hazards, Risk, and Insurance in Historical Perspective." Special issue, Environment and History 17, no. 1 (2011) (ed. with Uwe Lübken).
- Natural Disasters, Cultural Responses: Case Studies Toward a Global Environmental History. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2009 (ed. with Christian Pfister).
- Beyond the Windshield: Landscapes and Roads in Europe and North America. Athens, OH: Ohio University Press, 2008 (ed. with Thomas Zeller).
- Rivers in History. Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh University Press, 2008 (ed. with Thomas Zeller).
- Shades of Green: Global Environmentalism in Historical Perspective. Rowman & Littlefield, 2006 (ed. with Nathan Stoltzfus and Doug Weiner).
- Nature in German History. New York/Oxford: Berghahn Books, 2004 (ed.).