John Barry is Professor of Green Political Economy at the School of Politics, International Studies, and Philosophy at Queens University Belfast. He has a BA and MA from University College Dublin and a PhD from the University of Glasgow. He is a former co-leader of the Green Party in Northern Ireland and is a Green Party councillor on Ards and North Down Borough Council in Northern Ireland.
- "Green Political Economy: Beyond Orthodox Undifferentiated Economic Growth as a Permanent Feature of the Economy." In Oxford Handbook of Environmental Political Theory, edited by Teena Gabrielson, Cheryl Hall, John Meyer, and David Schlosberg. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- "Green Political Theory." In Political Ideologies: An Introduction, 4th ed., edited by Vincent Geoghegan and Rick Wilford, 153–178. London: Routledge, 2014.
- "Climate Change Ethics, Rights, and Policies." Special Issue, Environmental Politics 22, no. 3 (2013). (co-edited with Arthur Mol and Anothony Zito)
- Environmental Philosophy: The Art of Life in a World of Limits. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2013. (co-edited with Liam Leonard, Marius de Geus, Peter Doran, and Graham Parkes)
- The Politics of Actually Existing Unsustainability: Human Flourishing in a Climate-Changed, Carbon-Constrained World. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012.