Maohong Bao was a Carson Fellow from July 2011 to November 2011 and from July 2014 to October 2014.
Maohong Bao is a senior research associate at the Centre for World Environmental History at the University of Sussex. At his home institution, Peking University, China, he is a professor of environmental history and Asia-Pacific studies, and director of the university's Center for World Environmental History. He is a pioneer of environmental history in China. His recent research focuses on the relationship of environment and development in East Asia.
- Forest and Development: Deforestation in the Philippines (1946-1995). Beijing: China Environmental Science Press, 2008.
- "Environmental History and New Thinking in Historical Study: An Interview with Prof. Bao Maohong," Journal of Capital Normal University 5 (2007).
- "Environmental Problems and Environmental Policy in China." The Journal of Chinese Studies 3 (2007).
- "The Latest Research of Environmental History in China." The Journal of Chinese Studies 3 (2007).
- "Exchange of Environmental Culture and Its Construction in Northeast Asia." Collected Writings of Asia-Pacific Studies 4 (2007).
- The Origins of Environmental History and Its Development. Beijing, China: Peking University Press, 2012.
- Environmental Governance in China and Environmental Cooperation in Northeast Asia. Haru Press, 2009.