Please find frequently asked questions to the application process here:
- What do I need to know about a Rachel Carson Center fellowship?
- What are the main criteria for a successful application?
- I will finish my doctorate before my fellowship would start. Can I apply?
- Do you require teaching experience for an application?
- Do I need to have a current affiliation in order to apply?
- I’m interested in an interdisciplinary fellowship. Can you suggest possible partners at LMU?
- Who should I address my cover letter to?
- Does the 1,000 word limit for the project description include citations?
- What format should the research schedule have?
- What kind of references should I list? What is required of my references?
- What types of fellowships allow tandem/partner applications?
- I am applying with someone else. How do we submit our application?
- The application portal is not working. Can I submit my application via email?
- The online portal has destroyed my formatting. How can I fix this?
- How much funding should a Carson fellow expect?
- Can a former short-term fellow apply for another fellowship?
- What kind of funding can someone with a 9 month contract expect?