Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society

Breadcrumb Navigation


Will the RCC help me with my visa application?

If you are required to apply for a visa, you must apply for it at a German embassy in your home country before arriving in Germany. The RCC does not apply for and arrange permits and visas for its fellows. The RCC will issue an invitation/confirmation letter for you to apply for a visa at the German embassy in your home country before departure upon request. You should inquire at the German embassy or consulate in your home country about rules for entering Germany, and the application process for a multiple-entry visa that permits a longer stay and that includes, where applicable, your spouse and/or children. The visa you receive for Germany also grants freedom of travel throughout the entire European Union. Keep in mind, though, that a visa is not a residence permit. In contrast to a visa, a residence permit must be applied for after your arrival in Germany.

Please follow this link for more information: