2017 Turku Book Award Shortlist Announced
The selection committee for the 2017 Turku Book Award is pleased to announce the following shorlist for this year's award:
- Campbell, Bruce M. S. The Great Transition: Climate, Disease and Society in the Late-Medieval World. Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Cavert, William M. The Smoke of London: Energy and Environment in the Early Modern City. Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Matteson, Kieko. Forests in Revolutionary France: Conservation, Community, and Conflict, 1669–1848. Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Parrinello, Giacomo. Fault Lines: Earthquakes and Urbanism in Modern Italy. Berghahn Books, 2015.
- Thorsheim, Peter. Waste into Weapons: Recycling in Britain during the Second World War. Cambridge University Press, 2015.
The award will be presented to the winning author on 1 July 2017 at the 2017 ESEH conference in Zagreb.