Katie Ritson joined the RCC as an editor in 2009 and took up the position of senior editor in July 2011. Katie studied German, Comparative Literature, and Nordic Philology at the University of Cambridge and Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich, receiving her doctoral degree in 2016 with a dissertation entitled "Shifting Sands: The North Sea Lowlands in the Literary Imagination of the Anthropocene." Before joining the RCC she worked as a freelance editor and translator.
- The Shifting Sands of the North Sea Lowlands: Literary and Historical Imaginaries. London: Routledge, 2018.
- "Nordic Nature on the Edge of the North Sea: Kjersti Vik’s Mandø." In Reinhard Hennig, Anna-Karin Jonasson, and Peter Degerman (eds.): Nordic Narratives of Nature and the Environment: Ecocritical Approaches to Northern European Literatures and Cultures. Lanham, MD.: Lexington, 2018.
- "Engineering the Anthropocene: Technology, Ambition, and Enlightenment in Theodor Storm's Der Schimmelreiter." In Sabine Wilke and Japhet Johnstone (eds.): Readings in the Anthropocene: The Environmental Humanities, German Studies, and Beyond. New York: Bloomsbury, 2017.
- (Co-edited with Frederike Felcht:) "The Imagination of Limits: Exploring Scarcity and Abundance," RCC Perspectives 2015, no. 2, online at: http://www.environmentandsociety.org/perspectives/2015/2/imagination-limits-exploring-scarcity-and-abundance
- (Book Review) "Ökologisch motivierte Kulturkritik aus Skandinavien. (Rezension über: Reinhard Hennig: Umwelt-engagierte Literatur aus Island und Norwegen. Ein interdisziplinärer Beitrag zu den »environmental humanities«. Frankfurt a.M.: Peter Lang 2014.) In: IASLonline [11.11.2015] URL: <http://www.iaslonline.de/index.php?vorgang_id=3890>
- Mauch, Christof. The Growth of Trees: A Historical Perspective on Sustainability. Oekom / German Council for Sustainable Development (2014): http://www.carsoncenter.uni-muenchen.de/download/press/rcc-news/140805_mauch.pdf
- Hohler, Franz. "The Retaking of Zurich." In Mad Hatter's Review: Cut.ting Edge; Austrian, German, and Swiss Writing no. 14 (2013): http://madhattersreview.com/issue14/fiction2_hohler.shtml
- Sloterdijk, Peter. "Society of Centaurs." In Transfers: Interdisciplinary Journal of Mobility Studies no. 1 (2011): 14-23.