The RCC is pleased to host visiting scholars, whether senior scholars, postdocs, or doctoral students . We offer:
- Access to our diverse community of scholars in the field of Environment and Society
- The possibility of attending our events, including the weekly Lunchtime Colloquium, Worksin-Progress meetings, and Tuesday Discussion (during the university semester), and also workshops and conferences that take place at the Rachel Carson Center.
- in-house access to one of the most complete library collections in Europe on Environment and Society
- invitation / visa letters (if required)
- desk space (availability not guaranteed)
If you are interested in joining us as a visiting scholar or visiting doctoral student, please note the following guidelines:
- For an official affiliation (including support with visas, etc.), we require a minimum stay of one month. Those who would like to visit for less than a month are welcome to do so—please consult our calendar of events and plan to attend whatever is of interest to you. We cannot provide any administrative support for visits of less than one month (exception: ERASMUS exchanges).
- We can only accommodate arrivals at the beginning of each month. Please note that you will need to plan to be at the RCC on the first work day of the month for a brief tour, etc.
- If you are interested in desk space at the RCC, you will need to commit to working in the office at least three days a week. There is also an option to be affiliated via our mailing list, if you do not require a desk.
Due to space limitations, we ask our visiting scholars and visiting doctoral students to apply at least three months in advance and by one of the following dates: 8 January, 1 April, 1 July, 1 October. Decisions are made on a quarterly basis shortly after these deadlines.
To apply, please fill out this application form and return it to Managing Director Dr. Arielle Helmick at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying to be a visiting doctoral student, please send the form to Dr. Anna Mazanik at email@example.com.
- Visiting Scholar Application (104 KByte)