Guidelines for Events and Workshop Conveners
The Rachel Carson Center (RCC) convenes and organizes workshops and conferences each year that come out of the work of current / former fellows or staff members, and that are also connected to the Center’s main research foci.
We generally ask applicants to get in touch at least 9 months before you would like to host an event at the RCC. Please submit the following documents to our managing director, Dr. Arielle Helmick (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Draft call for submissions - 1 page
- Exposé that explains the overarching question, relevance of the theme, historiography (if applicable), and potential invitees (if applicable) - 2-3 pages
- Proposed schedule and venue (please explain selection of venue if the event is not scheduled to take place in Munich)
- Proposed budget + potential matching funds
- Expected product (blog series, publication, video, etc.) and outlet (RCC ″Seeing the Woods,″ RCC Perspectives, Environment & Society Portal, other book series, etc.)
- Level of support expected from the RCC (see below for what we offer)
We can usually process applications for events within four weeks. If accepted, you will receive an award email and be put in touch with our events manager.
RCC Support for Events
The RCC offers different levels of support from a bank transfer to your home institution to a full-service event held at the RCC in Munich. What follows is a list of support that we can offer, depending on the type of event you are proposing.
- Transfer of funds to your home institution
- Assistance with publicity—advertising the event on our website and through our networks
- Assistance with organization—collecting the calls for papers, hosting final submissions on our website, providing direct travel reimbursements
- Assistance with event hosting in Munich—organization of travel and accommodation for all participants, organization of event at the RCC with coffee breaks and meals provided
Please contact our managing director, Dr. Arielle Helmick (email@example.com), if you need more information.
- RCC Event Guidelines for Conveners (146 KByte)