Two Alumni Fellowships
The deadline for applications is 15 June 2023.
The Rachel Carson Center and the Society of Fellows jointly invite applications for two fellowships for members of the RCC Society of Fellows (former fellows and visiting scholars) to return to the RCC for a three- or six-month period starting on 1 October 2023.
The successful alumni can expect the following funding:
- 10,000 € for a three-month fellowship
- 15,000 € for a six-month fellowship
The fellowship is intended to provide an RCC Society of Fellows member with more time to work on a new research project after their initial RCC fellowship. Please note that the RCC cannot fund on-going projects from a fellow’s initial residency.
We ask applicants to suggest a “community project,” in which they share their experience or knowledge (for instance a skill or writing workshop) that gives back to the RCC community.
To apply, please submit the following two items as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
1) A letter of application, 3–4 pages (1.5 spacing), that describes your research project and proposed project. In this letter, please include the following:
- A description of the research project, including where you are in the process and how the project contributes to the field of the environmental humanities, your home discipline, and the RCC mission.
- A short description (less than one page) of your proposed community project or program, including its potential benefits to the RCC community, your qualifications for it, and the resources needed to complete it.
- Any additional funding sources you can rely on during your stay in Munich.
- Your preferred fellowship duration (three months or six months).
2) A CV (five pages maximum)