Director of Academic Programs
The RCC is looking for a Director of Academic Programs to join its team. The position will start on 1 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is for up to six years, which includes a six-month probation period. The RCC is an international, interdisciplinary research institute located in central Munich. It was founded in 2009 and is part of LMU Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität). The RCC runs various graduate and fellowship programs and also hosts numerous research projects. Its working language is English.
In addition to teaching one course per semester in the Environmental and Society Master of Arts program, the candidate will contribute to a range of tasks, as outlined below.
Depending on experience, the candidate’s responsibilities will span the following:
- Managing the RCC’s digital publications; coordinating submissions and editing
- Support grant writing
- Representing the RCC at local, national, and international events
- Providing academic support for visiting scholars
Candidates for this position must have:
- a PhD in Environmental History, Environmental Anthropology, Human Geography, Environmental Ethics or a related discipline
- Fluent English, including exceptionally strong English writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to work well in a team
Candidates ideally have:
- Strong German language skills
- Grant writing experience
- Familiarity with social media
- Experience in academic management
The position is a full-time (40.1 hours a week), in-house, service position. The position begins ideally on 1 January 2023; depending on the candidate’s previous contracts with German universities, it can run up to six years. It does not include paid time for individual research endeavors, and would suit a candidate who is looking to move into academic administration, or gain skills in management and coordination to complement a research career.
The RCC offers an attractive compensation package including a yearly gross salary between 38,000 – 60,500 Euros (based on the tariff contracts for public service, level E13, commensurate with experience) and 30 days paid vacation. Working hours are flexible, and the RCC offers a family-friendly working environment. The RCC can also assist, if necessary, with work permits and visas. As the candidate will be a state employee, they are required to have German health insurance and make contributions to the German tax and social welfare system. We especially seek applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and welcome applications from women.
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV (max. 4 pages), an academic writing sample (max. 2 pages), and the contact information of two references in a single PDF document to email@example.com by 25 August 2022. Interviews will take place on 26–27 September 2022, ideally in person in Munich.
- 2022_Director of Academic Programs (121 KByte)