The RCC advisory board is composed of established and influential scholars in environmental humanities based in locations across the globe. The board is devised so that its members, together with the center leadership, represent the wide-ranging interests and intellectual diversity of the center; the eight members currently represent two continents, six countries, and diverse disciplines ranging from geography and sociology to environmental history. Board members are instrumental in publicizing the RCC and its work internationally; their positions in their respective countries and fields also feed back into the work of the center, as the board meets annually to review and advise the RCC on its progress to date and future direction.
Read a speech by the former RCC Academic Board Chair Verena Winiwarter on the importance of the humanities for coping with today's environmental challenges.
Advisory Board Members
- Prof. Dr. Gregg Mitman (University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Dorothee Brantz (Technical University of Berlin, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Simon Goldhill (Director of CRASSH, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Michael John Gorman (Founding Director of BIOTOPIA / LMU Munich, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Sophia Kalantzakos (New York University/NYU Abu Dhabi)
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Küffer (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- Prof. Dr. Sherilyn MacGregor (The University of Manchester, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Cindy Ott (University of Delaware, USA, ex-officio member as President of the Society of Fellows)
- Prof. Dr. Catherine Rigby (Bath Spa University, UK)