Leopoldstr. 11a, 4. OG, 417
+49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 72392
Merita Dollma is a lecturer at the University of Tirana in the geography department of the Faculty of History and Philology. She worked as a scientific researcher at the Albanian Academy of Sciences from 1995 to 2007. Since 2008, she has been a full-time professor in the gegography department, where she teaches natural and cultural heritage, human ecology, and economic evaluation of natural resources at both bachelor and master's level. She is author and coauthor of three books, two university text books, and two high school text books. She has published more than forty scientific papers in both Albanian scientific journals and foreign journals, including Population Geography, International Journal of Ecosystems and Ecology Science, and Geologia dell’Ambiente. Dollma is the scientific editor of two geographical atlases and 11 books. Her main fields of study include natural and cultural heritage, ecology, and GIS/RS.
RCC Research Project: Protected Areas of Albania: Challenges of a Developing Country
- with Gjovalin Gruda. “Albania.” In Beach Erosion and Protection in Europe, edited by Enzo Pranzini and Allan Williams, 345–54. London: Routledge, 2013.
- “Geotourism Development in the Protected Area Llogara–Karaburun.” Acta Geoturistica 7, no. 2 (2016): 1–6.
- “Geotourism and Sustainable Development in Skrapar.” Acta Geoturistica 6, no. 2 (2015): 11–17.
- “Geoinformation of the Natural Heritage of Fier County.” Vizione 21 (2014): 311–21.
- “Glacial Landforms in Albania and Their Touristic Values.” Geologia,dell’Ambiente, Periodico trimestrale della SIGEA 3 (2012): 163–68.
- “Cultural Heritage of Albania and Geo-Information Establishment Need for Better Promotion and Management.” Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage Journal19, no.1–2 (2010): 87–99.