The RCC advisory board is composed of established and influential scholars in environmental humanities based in locations across the globe. The board is devised so that its members, together with the center leadership, represent the wide-ranging interests and intellectual diversity of the center; the eight members currently represent two continents, six countries, and diverse disciplines ranging from geography and sociology to environmental history. Board members are instrumental in publicizing the RCC and its work internationally; their positions in their respective countries and fields also feed back into the work of the center, as the board meets annually to review and advise the RCC on its progress to date and future direction.
Read a speech by RCC Academic Board Chair Verena Winiwarter on the importance of the humanities for coping with today's environmental challenges.
Advisory Board Members
- Prof. Dr. Verena Winiwarter (Alpen-Adria-Universität, Klagenfurt, Austria), Chair
- Prof. Dr. Dorothee Brantz (Technical University of Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Anke Friedrich (LMU Munich), Deputy Chair
- Prof. Dr. Simon Goldhill (Director of CRASSH, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Poul Holm (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Latour (Sciences Po, Paris, France)
- Prof. Dr. Catherine Rigby (Bath Spa University, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Libby Robin (Australian National University, Canberra, Australia)